Gastric Bypass: cost and benefits of this procedure
As its name suggests, in “Gastric Bypass: cost and advantages of this procedure” both the price of the surgery and its benefits will be addressed.
Without giving much thought and understanding that may vary depending on several factors, such as the clinic and the specialist who ordered, the average price of a gastric bypass (in Mexico) is $ 6,200 US dollars.
Perhaps the most outstanding feature of the Gastric Bypass is that, since it is a restriction surgery which proportionally reduces the size of the patient’s stomach, who undergoes this procedure does not feel the same sensation of hunger.
This is really beneficial, as the portions of food are diminished thereby accelerating the loss of weight. Here, patients are invited to adopt a new diet, with small portions, in order to avoid the appearance of complications.
Now, let’s move on to the second part of “Gastric Bypass: cost and advantages of this procedure”, where we find the following:
- Guaranteed weight loss in more than 70% of people during the first 18 months after the intervention.
- Improvement in the treatment of some pathologies, such as diabetes mellitus, hypertension, asthma, gastritis and obstructive sleep apnea in up to 80% of patients
- Likewise, long-term weight loss is guaranteed. Results show that more than 90% of people who underwent gastric bypass lose at least 50% of their body weight shortly after surgery
- Since the extra kilos have been lost, the common treatments against obesity and the use of specialized medications is reduced significantly, with the consequence that physical activity becomes easier to perform, which in turn brings multiple benefits to health
- At the same time, the lipid metabolism, as well as the function of some hormones involved in the process of digestion and absorption of food shows an improvement
- Who has gone through this surgery, can see how the calories from food are no longer absorbed by the body as they normally would, helping you to lose weight even more
In addition to all the advantages mentioned here, mostly physical, once the person has achieved his goal he will not only feel more energized, but also with more confidence in his body and in himself.